Saturday, September 20, 2008

After Three Worlds

I'm sure this is just wishful thinking, but everyone is speculating about what will happen after Legion of 3 Worlds, so I thought I would throw in my two bits.

Way back when there was a DC Multiverse, the Justice League of Earth-1 and the Justice Society of Earth-2 got together every summer for a two- or three-part adventure. These JLA/JSA crossovers were very popular, and they ranged all over the multiverse (the Legion even co-starred in one of them). Eventually it all culminated in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

That's what I'd like to see: an annual crossover between the Legions of several worlds. This could include not only the three officially recognized Legions, but other variants like the five-year-gap LSH, the SW6 batch ("Legionnaires"), and even new variants.

I suppose these crossovers could be part of the ongoing Legion title (whatever that is)...but as long as I'm being blue-sky here, I'm going to go ahead and wish for an independent title, either a jumbo one-issue tale or a two- or three-issue miniseries.

Annual "Legion of X Worlds" crossovers would not be my ultimate dream (a quarterly "Tales of the LSH" anthology, kinda like the old "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps," that would feature stories of many different Legions in many different time periods)...but I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

----------
Visit Get-a-Life Boy's LSH page at http://www.readersadvice.com/lsh/lsh.html

Like the blog? Send the author a donation.

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: