Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Anticipation Lad


LEGION OF 3 WORLDS #3 is due out today. And I just found myself, sitting at work, literally counting the hours until I can get my hands on that comic. Oh, and ADVENTURE #0 should be out as well.

I've been anxiously waiting for Legion comics most of my life.

The first time I remember feeling such anticipation for a comic was waiting for ADVENTURE #370 (the second half of the "Mordru the Merciless" storyline). I was nine years old at the time. When I was in college, the cumulative waiting for the five parts of Earthwar just about drove me crazy.

After the Magic Wars were over, my level of anticipation for Legion comics settled down -- through the various reboots, most of the time it's been "Oh, is it time for the new Legion comic already?" Still, there were times when a ghost of the old feeling came back.

Then there was the Lightning Saga. And "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes." And I found myself (rather happily) once again acutely aware of when each new comic was due out.

But now...in this magical year when the Legion and I are both fifty...LEGION OF 3 WORLDS is due out today, and I'm counting the hours. And somewhere inside, I am nine years old again.

Just two and a half hours to go....

----------

No comments: