Monday, June 08, 2009

Week of 3 June 2009

(SPOILER ALERT: This post contains spoilers. Don't read it before you've read the comics.)

I did not see any Legion appearances in DC Comics this week.

However, Mon-El is mentioned in SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #4 (8/09). Sodam Yat is among the Green Lanterns sent to investigate New Krypton. Superman says, "You're not one for pleasantries, huh, Sodam?" Sodam Yat answers, "What can I say? I'm true to my people."

"I beg to differ," Superman says. "I'm friends with one of your people -- Mon-El. In fact, I left him in Metropolis to guard the city for me." Sodam Yat frowns enigmatically.

A little later, when Superman observes that Sodam Yat looks troubled, Sodam Yat answers, "Not by anything I'm seeing. I was thinking about the Daxamite yous aid was on Earth." Replies Supes, "Mon-El, yeah, is that a problem?" Sodam Yat grins. "No. I'm just surprised to learn he's there."

So let's read between the lines here. Sodam Yat has been away from Daxam for years, and has not seen another Daxamite boy in all that time. Now he finds out that there's an eligible Daxamite hunk on Earth...immediately he thinks to himself, "Let's finish up this stupid mission so I can go to Earth, find that other Daxamite, and have mad, passionate Daxamite sex."

Oh, well. R.E.B.E.L.S. is due out next week.


----------

No comments: