Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week of 7 October 2009

(SPOILER ALERT: This post contains spoilers. Don't read it before you've read the comics.)

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRY FOR JUSTICE #4 (12/09)
"Cry for Justice: The Fix"
ROLL CALL: Mon-El

I was about ready to give up on this series, but I thought "What the hell, it's issue 4 of 7, maybe it will start making sense now," so I went ahead and bought it.

And who came swooping down on page 11, but Mon-El! It's a cameo, where Jay Garrick imparts some mysterious yet obviously important bit of information to Mon as part of his tour-the-DC-universe-with-Jay-Garrick gig.

Suddenly it's worth paying attention to CRY FOR JUSTICE.

----------
R.E.B.E.L.S. ANNUAL #1 (12/09)
"Starro the Conqueror"
ROLL CALL: Amon Haak, Bounder, Ciji, Lyrl Dox, Stealth, Strata, Tribulus, Vril Dox, Wildstar

Wow, a really good story. Think nobody could make Starro sympathetic? You were wrong.

The members of L.E.G.I.O.N. appear only as cameos, but that doesn't matter. It's a good story.


----------

2 comments:

Brainy Pirate said...

No, it's not worth paying attention to Cry For Justice -- read the reviews before you decide whether to waste -- er, invest your money in that series.

Meerkatdon said...

It certainly doesn't bode well for the upcoming Justice League series, if the same guys are doing it.

OTOH, I am a fanatical Legion completist, and I'll buy anything that has Mon-El (or other Legionnaires) in it. Unfortunately, DC seems to know that, and they're putting Mon-El (and the Legion) in all sorts of crap just so I'll buy it.

I wonder if they hired the woman at the supermarket who always puts the quarter-ton plastic barrels of cheesy poofs on sale when she sees me coming into the store...?