(SPOILER ALERT: This post contains spoilers. Don't read it before you've read the comics.)
R.E.B.E.L.S. #22 (2011/01)
"To Be A R.E.B.E.L. Part 2"
Adam Strange, Amon Hakk, Bounder, Captain Comet, Ciji, Lobo, Starfire, Tribulus, Vril Dox, Wildstar, Xylon
CUTE BOYS: Adam Strange, Captain Comet, Final Fantasy XIV Guy on Back Cover
The R.E.B.E.L.S. meet, with Dox, to protest Dox's publicity campaign against the Green Lantern Corps. Meanwhile, Starfire and rookie Green Lantern Gorius Karkum go to the Psion hoemworld, where Starfire finds out that the Psions routinely imprison their women and use them as breeding stock. They fight a bunch of Psions. Starfire returns home, where she convinces Dox to break off L.E.G.I.O.N.'s contract with the Psions. The Psions, meanwhile, are breeding something really nasty.
Frankly, this comic has become rather lackluster since the battle with Starro finished up. I've come up with a number of ways to improve it, which I offer freely:
1. More Legion content and references. R.E.B.E.L.S. is a Legion spinoff, and it should have a closer connection to the Legion universe. Maybe some R.E.B.E.L.S. could go to the 31st century, or some Legionnaires could come back to visit, or something similar.
2. What's up with Tribulus? He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a big head that shoots lightning. Let's see more of him, his background, and his connection (if any) to Validus.
3. More romance, kissing, etc. Catpain Comet and Adam Strange would be a good start. Lyrl Dox needs to find a good-looking boyfriend to get naked with. Ciji should turn into a hot guy much more often than she does (which is pretty much never). There have got to be lots of other super-powered cute boys elsewhere in the universe who would love to be part of R.E.B.E.L.S. And the hot Final Fantasy XIV guy on the back cover looks lonely....
4. Follow up on some of the other L.E.G.I.O.N.naires. What are Garryn Bek and Mrij'n up to nowadays? How about Lydea Mallor? Telepath? What's up with Davroth Catto? Where's Zena Moonstruk been keeping herself? Wouldn't Borb Borbb be useful to have around?
5. Keep resisting the temptation to add gorillas, giant or otherwise. It never helps.
6. Did I mention that we need some Legion guests? Particularly some of the cuter boys?
New Home - Don's reviews have a new home here. Come visit!
4 years ago