Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week of 23 January 2013


Legion content this week:
Legion of Super-Heroes 16 (2013/03)

Cham and Vi go on an Espionage Squad mission, Validus is missing, Brainy discovers something about Glorith, and the results of the Leader Election are in. I'm not going to tell you who won, but if you click on the cover to the left there's a spoiler.
Let me just say that I'm happy with the results, perhaps happier than the winner is.

I'm less happy with the art. Cos looks downright homely, Tinya looks silly, and Vi just looks odd. The depiction of Cham is okay, it makes him look more alien, somehow.
I understand that Keith Giffen is coming back soon, so maybe they're trying to get us used to ugly-looking people. (Look at Saturn Girl in the viewscreen -- she has a very Giffen-esque look about her.)


Over in Marvel-land, I got Young Avengers #1 (2013/03). It features Hulkling and Wiccan, one of the most adorable gay male couples in comics today. The art is nice, the story is comprehensible, the dialogue isn't stilted, the cliffhanger ending is suspenseful...I had to keep looking at the cover to make sure it was a Marvel comic.
Definitely recommended for anyone who likes to see cute boys in love.

No comments: