Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week of 24 October 2012

Legion content this week:

Legion: Secret Origin Trade Paperback - collects Legion: Secret Origin #1-6, and includes some extra pages of character sketches.


And, as promised, here is a quick picture of my poor Adventure #247 in its layers of protective plastic.


This is a comic with a history. It's been wet, there's been a little bit of attempted restoration, there was tape on the cover at one point...but all the pages are there, and they're all together. I can open it (gently) and read it just the way kids did when it first came out a few months before I was born in 1958.

It's no use telling me that this comic is in terrible shape, that it's technically worthless, that no self-respecting comic collector would give it a second glance. All those things may be true -- but it's mine, and I loves it. 

No comments: