Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Won it!

Well, the auction is over, and I spent Way Too Much Money to secure a battered, bedraggled copy of Adventure 247, the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes. It should be in my eager hands in a few days.

Even though I have nearly(*) every comic the Legion has ever appeared in, I missed out on Adventure 247 when it first came out (still being in the womb), and when I started collecting in earnest in the late 1970s copies were already too expensive. All this time, I've felt like something of a imposter in LSH fandom: every real diehard Legion fan owns a copy of Adventure 247.

Well no longer! Now I can hold my head up high and proclaim with the best of them: I have more money than sense.


(I'll post pictures when the comic arrives.)

----------


* If anybody has a lead on that Adventures With the DC Superheroes giveway that came with milk cartons, or a photocopy of Cancelled Comics Cavalcade #2, be sure to let me know.

----------

No comments: